How do I pick a good DUI defense lawyer?
Asking the following questions can be helpful in retaining good DUI lawyer?
- DUI defense is a technical and highly specialized field: Does the lawyer handle drinking and driving cases on a regular basis?
- Does the lawyer have access to technical expert witnesses in police procedures and blood/breath analysis?
- Does the lawyer make promises as to the results he can get in the case? This is something no ethical lawyer would do, as specific results are unpredictable.
- What is the lawyer's reputation in the community?
- How do I pick a good DUI defense lawyer?
- What can a good DUI defense lawyer do for me?
- What do police officers look for when searching for drunk drivers on the highways?
- Do I have a right to a lawyer when I'm stopped by an officer and asked to take a field sobriety test?
- What is the officer looking for during the initial detention at the scene?
- Should I agree to take a breath test?
- Do I have a choice of chemical tests?
- The officer never gave me a Miranda warning: Can I get my case dismissed?
- What is the criminal punishment if I am convicted of DUI?
- What is a sentence "enhancement"?
- What is a deferred prosecution?
- What is an ignition interlock?
- What are the licensing consequences if I take the BAC test or refuse the test?
- Do I have the right to an Administrative Hearing before my license is suspended?
- Can I get a temporary license if I’m suspended?
- Blood Alchohol Concentration Chart (FEMALE)
- Blood Alchohol Concentration Chart (MALE)
- How drinking impairs driving