Can I get a temporary license if I’m suspended?
Yes, for the following purposes:
- Driving to and from work
- Continuing healthcare
- Education, community service
- Continuing care of another person who is dependent on you
- On-the-job training
- Substance abuse treatment or 12-step meetings if no transit service is available
The waiting period is as follows:
- 30 days on a 1st conviction
- 90 days on a 1st refusal of a breath test
- One year on 2nd or subsequent conviction or refusal within 7 years
To apply for a Occupatinal Restiricted License (ORL) you must:
1. File a Certificate of Insurance (SR-22) issued by the home office of a company authorized to do business in the State of Washington.
2. Have an ignition interlock device installed in your vehicle and provide proof of installation to the Department of Licensing.
3. Have the completed application signed by an appropriate representative who can verify your purpose for driving. Attach separate applications for each driving purpose. Take your completed form(s) and a $100 non-refundable fee to any driver licensing office or mail them to: Department of Licensing, Driver Services Occupational License Desk, PO Box 9048, Olympia, WA 98507-9048 www.dol.wa.gov. 360 902-3900.
- How do I pick a good DUI defense lawyer?
- What can a good DUI defense lawyer do for me?
- What do police officers look for when searching for drunk drivers on the highways?
- Do I have a right to a lawyer when I'm stopped by an officer and asked to take a field sobriety test?
- What is the officer looking for during the initial detention at the scene?
- Should I agree to take a breath test?
- Do I have a choice of chemical tests?
- The officer never gave me a Miranda warning: Can I get my case dismissed?
- What is the criminal punishment if I am convicted of DUI?
- What is a sentence "enhancement"?
- What is a deferred prosecution?
- What is an ignition interlock?
- What are the licensing consequences if I take the BAC test or refuse the test?
- Do I have the right to an Administrative Hearing before my license is suspended?
- Can I get a temporary license if I’m suspended?
- Blood Alchohol Concentration Chart (FEMALE)
- Blood Alchohol Concentration Chart (MALE)
- How drinking impairs driving