What can a good DUI defense lawyer do for me?
Having a good DUI defense lawyer can make the experience far less stressful. They can answer your questions, prepare you for the proceedings each step of the way, recommend alcohol treatment agencies, ignition interlock companies and ensure that if there is a way to help you, that they will find it. Oftentimes, a successful DUI defense may mean a substantial reduction of the charges rather than a dismissal. In this scenario, you are able to accept some responsibility, while at the same time mitigating the long term effects. Most importantly, they will communicate with you. If you can't communicate with your lawyer, there is a good chance that no one else can either and it can make a painful chapter in your life much worse.
- How do I pick a good DUI defense lawyer?
- What can a good DUI defense lawyer do for me?
- What do police officers look for when searching for drunk drivers on the highways?
- Do I have a right to a lawyer when I'm stopped by an officer and asked to take a field sobriety test?
- What is the officer looking for during the initial detention at the scene?
- Should I agree to take a breath test?
- Do I have a choice of chemical tests?
- The officer never gave me a Miranda warning: Can I get my case dismissed?
- What is the criminal punishment if I am convicted of DUI?
- What is a sentence "enhancement"?
- What is a deferred prosecution?
- What is an ignition interlock?
- What are the licensing consequences if I take the BAC test or refuse the test?
- Do I have the right to an Administrative Hearing before my license is suspended?
- Can I get a temporary license if I’m suspended?
- Blood Alchohol Concentration Chart (FEMALE)
- Blood Alchohol Concentration Chart (MALE)
- How drinking impairs driving